This is a sample of some of the Grizz Grub we scarf down at our favorite restaurants:
* GRIT-AND-GRIND SLIDERS, Bluff City Coffee/Bakery, 505 S. Main St., Downtown Memphis, 901- 405-4399. "It's a blueberry and white chocolate-chip cookie with a lemon-curd cake frosting in the middle," said Chef Jason Doty.
* GRIZZLY DONUTS, Gibson's Donuts, 760 Mt. Moriah Rd., White Station Area/East Memphis, 901-682-8200. Oversized (Grizzly-sized!) donuts decorated in Memphis Grizzlies colors, some with "Grizzly Sprinkles" (Beale St. Blue) and some decorated with "We Don't Bluff!" and "All In!"
* GRINDHOUSE PIE; Lavaro's Pizza, Pasta & Panini, 5849 Summer Ave., East Memphis, 901-377-2141. "We were talking about how the FedExForum is called the Grindhouse," said partner Tom Abrams, "and we came up with a pizza with every ground topping we could think of, everything that we would normally grind: sausage, salami, our bolognese - which is a ground beef sauce -- ground Parmesan, ground garlic and ground red and green cherry peppers."
* GRIT-N-GRIND SALAD, Katie's Kitchen, 9056 Poplar Pike, Germantown, TN, 901-754-8444. Romaine lettuce with yellow bell peppers, fresh blueberries, celery, sugared almonds and a homemade paprika vinaigrette dressing.
* GRIZ SHOT, South of Beale, 361 S. Main St., South Main Historic District, Downtown Memphis, 901-526-0388. Blueberry vodka, blue curacao, simple syrup.